Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Receivable Administrator is responsible for managing and administering tenant receivables for a portfolio of commercial real estate properties on behalf of third party owners. The successful candidate will be focused on high quality, detailed work based on established, standard guidelines and procedures; precise, consistent work output is essential.
We are ramping up to build a property accounting team second to none, so if you are seeking to build an accounting career and learn from the industry’s best management minds then we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will assist with the following tasks:
- Prepare detailed accounts receivable reports and supporting commentary relating to all outstanding balances in the monthly reports;
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, posting and recording accounts receivable data;
- Apply received payments in the accounting system;
- Perform collection calls and follow up on late payments;
- Make arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts;
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records;
- Enter lease information into the accounting system for lease payment schedules associated with new leases, renewals and amendments;
- Prepare and send initial lease payment schedules to new tenants;
- Perform ongoing reviews, management and reconciliation of tenant accounts concerning to debit and credit balances;
- Investigate collection problems and advise customers on corporate A/R policies and procedures;
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions;
- Respond to tenant inquiries;
- Complete bank deposits; and
- Any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Controller.
The Qualifications or skills we would like you to bring to the position include:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting or 5 years of experience in an Accounts Receivable position
- One year of experience in an accounting related role
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with accounting software required - Yardi Voyager Property Management software preferred
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job
Colonnade BridgePort welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.