Reporting to the Director, Business Development, the Business Development Manager is responsible for assisting in the growth of assets under management and the corresponding services which create enterprise value for the company. As a strategic thinker who has a very broad understanding of the services which impact an asset’s life cycle the Business Development Manager will add value to the organization by understanding the unique needs of various proprietors and prospective clients and then matching those needs with opportunities and service that will help them achieve their investment objectives.
The Business Development Manager will play a major role in the development and maintenance of strategic client relationships which will involve identifying, evaluating and recommending real estate investment strategies, managing information and communications across the company’s various business units and coordinating and tracking people and processes to ensure both sides of the partnership achieve their goals.
The ideal candidate will be a focused and self-motivated team player who can balance independent thinking with the execution capabilities and core competencies of the rest of the organization. Confident in their written and verbal communication skills the Business Development Manager will be able to develop investment strategies and provide recommendations for investments or enhancements to meet or improve clients’ investment objectives.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you.
So that you know what to expect on any given day, you’ll be doing one or all the following activities:
- Engaging in research and market assessment activities, data analysis and risk/return analysis to provide ad hoc and ongoing decision support related to the strategic direction of the company.
- Maintaining working knowledge of competitors and their services in both the Ottawa and Toronto markets.
- Developing robust growth programs that identify actions that will be taken to achieve the corporate growth objectives and the metrics that will be used to monitor their success.
- Executing growth programs by managing time and resources and using initiative to take corrective measures as needed.
- Using various methods of outreach (meetings, calls, presentations) to build and maintain an active business development pipeline with existing and potential new clients with whom we target, initiate and develop business relationships with.
- Developing and managing sales strategies, processes and tools in support of acquiring and activating new business.
- Engaging business units in the sales process at appropriate times and orchestrating team activities to ensure a single coordinated approach
- Developing strategies & action plans that identify how the company will build, manage and leverage relationships to retain and optimize revenue with strategic clients
- Preparing for all client interactions and demonstrating value in a client centered manner.
- Meeting with key clients on a regular basis and engaging in active listening. Taking steps to draw out information that would not otherwise be shared to identify opportunities and threats that could affect our business.
- Obtaining client feedback on service quality and sharing it with the business units to support the continuous improvement of our business operations.
- Ensuring the senior management team is constantly appraised of business activity, market opportunities, status, trends and any other new business developments.
- Developing and maintaining an excellent rapport with key stakeholders such as clients, community organizations, brokers, lenders, appraisers and other influencers and representing the organization at industry events.
The Qualifications or skills we would like you to bring to the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate or related discipline
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the commercial real estate business, preferably working for a services or advisory company.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships
- Strong analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Network of industry contacts (brokers, appraisers, investment managers, asset managers, owners, competitors).
- A valid driver’s license is required.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job
Colonnade BridgePort provides a dynamic work environment and offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Colonnade BridgePort welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.