Reporting to the Property Manager/Site Operations Manager, the Building Operator (Mixed-Use) will be responsible for the maintenance and day-to-day operations of a new luxurious apartment within the heart of Westboro.
The ideal candidate for this position will be flexible with their time working early/late morning shift starts and a rotational 24-hour On-Call schedule for emergencies; plus, physically capable to lift heavy items from time to time. If you can prove your strong inter-personal skills, your ability to work in a team environment or independently with minimal supervision, and your ability to multi-task work under pressure and still achieve quality results, then we want to hear from you.
So that you know what to expect on any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things:
- Liaise with all resident contacts on a regular basis to establish and maintain a healthy working relationship.
- Respond to and complete, in a timely manner, all resident service requests.
- Responsible for the appearance of the property and safety and convenience of the residents and clientele at all times.
- Responsible for the efficient, effective and successful control of all equipment maintenance, building structures and property in accordance with approved practices, procedures, methods, and financial limitations.
- Liaise with contractors, on-site staff and personnel to assist in providing supervision of all trades servicing the building equipment/systems.
- Complete inspections of the property in accordance with the inspection frequency schedules contained in the respective property contracts.
- Maintain all appropriate logs and manuals and ensure that all third-party contractors servicing the property are maintaining the respective log books in accordance with the determined schedules.
- Conduct daily inspections of the building, make recommendations and implement improvements in consultation with the Property Manager, of operational tasks and repairs that are required to the property.
- Assist in implementing a pro-active preventative maintenance program for all building equipment/systems to ensure that all systems are properly maintained and serviced in a pro-active manner.
- Provide after-hours coverage of designated properties on a rotational basis with other Building Operators.
- Clean, maintain and prepare apartments for leasing/viewing.
- Liaison with cleaning staff.
- Perform duties as needed to assist the Community Director/Community Manager and/or Leasing team.
The Qualifications or skills we would like you to bring to the position include:
- 1 to 3 years of Superintendent related working experience (both commercial and residential is an asset)
- Minimum High School diploma (or equivalent) is required. Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Property Management is preferred.
- Ability to perform basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry tasks
- Bilingualism (FR/EN) would be considered and asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Clear background check, credit check, or drivers’ extract as required to fulfill the role
- Valid Class G driver’s license and must live within 45 minutes driving distance of Westboro/Hintonburg
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job
Colonnade BridgePort provides a dynamic work environment and offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Colonnade BridgePort welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.